Thursday, March 01, 2007

Blessings and Surprises


First and foremost, my brother has gone home from the hospital! I know he's got a long recovery still ahead, but he's home and nothing else matters! I've worn out my knees praying for this!

And the surprise package on my doorstep tonight. Sheesh, now what did I order? I swear I was being good! Was I poking order buttons in my sleep again?

Well, this was the second quarterly quilt kit from Jan Patek. I love this quilt, and all the fabric came packaged in the neatest bag! I need to get busy since I haven't made the quilt from last quarter!

So the blasted giterdun is gonna get done! Yep, I want to move on to other things, and the only way I can do that is to do that thing.
Oh, I watched the best movie this week. "Akeelah and the Bee." If you haven't seen it, it's a must-see. It's been a long time since I've come away with such a happy feeling.

Gratitudes:

~ The blessings bestowed on my family

~ The army of friends and acquaintances without whose support I wouldn't have made it

~ Not breaking my neck when I tripped over the surprise on my doorstep tonight! :)

~ The constant inspiration of the blog ring members

5 comments:

Carol said...

The news of your brother going home is the BEST news ever! He will get better so much faster at home. YIPPEE! That is a great kit...I have all the fabrics and even some of the applique prepped from when it was the Girl Gang quilt...I love it...must get it back out.

Darlene said...

Don's home!! Whoppee - that's the best news!

What a wonderful surprise awaited you! Enjoy, Vicky.

Sweet P said...

Hooray for the good news about your brother! And a surprise on your doorstep too? I'd say it was a great way to start a new month.

Unknown said...

Glad your brother has taken that first important step to recovery (going home) May his recovery continue sure and steady

Anonymous said...

That is a really pretty quilt, I love Jan Patek stuff, but I need to stop ordering stuff myself! What a neat way they packaged the fabric, I thought it was a pillow. I guess they figure you can use it as one when you're not doing the quilt!

Beth