Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Week is Half Over

And what a long one it has been!

I went to McDonald's today for lunch. Same Voice on the Speaker ...... enough said!

I talked to Judy today in Paducah! Man, am I absolutely pea green with envy! They're having fun, so I guess I'll get over it -- this time! I can't wait to see what loot they picked up at Hancock's!

I'm in a holding pattern on quilting right now. I've been rearranging stuff. I just have too much to make the stash room totally presentable, but at least I can find most of it now. All of the wool stash went into a big tub. Barely. I need to get going on that bed rug, but, frankly, I'm real scared of trying the blanket stitch. Vicky, you're not building a piano here! Keep reminding me of that! The biggest problems I see now are (1) the huge wire baskets that are filled to the brim with collections. Two are Civil War stuff. One is batiks. One is wovens and brushed cottons. Etc, etc, etc. (Now I'm sounding like Yul Brenner .... sheesh!) And then (2) the bolts. Then (3) the kits I've made up. There's no easy way to store all of those. They take up room. Those might have to go into the garage. Of course, I could move my bed into the garage and utilize the master bedroom. No, no, no, just kidding! I'd better be careful what I say here, or someone might take me seriously! LOL. All of the UFOs are now in manageable size tubs. I just need to find somewhere to put them so I don't forget about them. Decisions, decisions. Anyway, I'm making headway. And I'm successfully procrastinating on the giterdun!

I was so tired when I got home last night. I stopped at Mimi's on the way home to get my favorite sandwich to go, and took two bites when I got home and got real sleepy, so I went to bed. What a waste of a good sandwich. I read a while on a good book Jane loaned me about Alaska. I had three more pages to read to finish the book and I didn't make it. I didn't eat lunch yesterday, and my sugar level was too low. I woke up famished this morning, and dove into the bread basket that came with my order. Hopefully I'll get my body back on schedule. I must eat a little something during the day. I must.

This weekend is figuring out this computer/printer/camera conundrum. I hate not having a camera. I'm going to totally miss the poppies blooming this year if I don't get it figured out. OMG, another giterdun! :)

4 comments:

Darlene said...

Vicky, "You're not building a piano". :-)

Kim said...

How were the parfaits at Mickey D's today?! LOL!

Kairle Oaks said...

I think storage is the biggest problem that quilters face. We're all in the same boat with that one! LOL!

Sweet P said...

I hope you're more awake today. I hate those days when I have no energy.

Sounds like you've got quite a bit of organizing done. Congrats!