Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Lots of Nothing

I have zero pictures to show you, and zero interesting things to report. Just got home from work after a stop at the market. I'm getting better about shopping. Went straight to the Jell-O and yogart, Dr. Pepper and bottled water. It's real easy to figure out what to eat these days! LOL

I'm almost to the point that I can get back to the binding on the giterdun. By Sunday I'll be binding like a maniac. I might even take it to Applique Club on Thursday night. Yeah, that's what I'll do! I had to stop when I got to the first corner because it wouldn't turn right. I've never had that happen to me before on the miters. I need to ponder it a bit and figure out what I did wrong.

I'm really looking forward to Saturday for two reasons. First, I get a dip and clip. I missed my haircut and color the weekend after I was in the hospital. Instead of rescheduling, I decided just to wait until my next appointment. I go in every three weeks. Yikes, it's shaggy and gray. Gray! When did that happen? And this is the Nutcracker Ballet weekend! I'm so excited about that. I can't wait!

One thing I'm definitely going to do this weekend is take down the pumpkin stuff off the mantle and at least hang the Christmas wreath. I'm so far behind! Of course, I could just put some greenery up there with the pumpkins and call it good! LOL

I really did have lots of nothing to talk about!

Gratitudes:

~ A picture that made me smile today!
~ Loving this crispy, cool weather!
~ Inspired beyond all reason about quilty things!
~ Countdown to Road to California!

8 comments:

Vicki W said...

Holly and pumpkins - you can start a new holiday decorating trend. It would make decorating so much easier!

Anonymous said...

I think since you've been sick, greenery and pumpkins is perfectly fine!

Hey, you're sewing binding at the applique club? I wish I had a binding to finish, I'd bring that, maybe I can quilt up my mom's quilt tomorrow really quick and bring that.

atet said...

Given the trip to the hospital and the continuing dental work I would think the pumpkins are understandable. Do what you can, and take care of yourself (and I want to see those polka dot fat quarters -- I'm a sucker for polka dots myself!)

Darlene said...

Sometimes "lots of nothing" is really, really good! :-)

Yvonne said...

I enjoyed your "nothing" post. :) Pumpkins and greenery sounds fine to me.....

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Did you say take down the PUMPKIN?? ROFLOL!!! Ok, I'll go easy cause I know you've been sick.

Nan said...

I have several giterdun's myself that I have been working on. May we both finish them in record time!
I'm far behind, too - must get the tree decorated this weekend, at least! I've been spending most of my time in the 'workshop', creating Christmas presents!

Erin said...

You could always dress the pumpkin in a beard and santa's hat and make him a pipe! You are so funny!