Saturday, December 15, 2007

Wrapping Presents


The only thing I hate worse than shopping is wrapping presents! I finally broke down and bought Christmas paper at Albertson's a couple of weeks ago.

Today I had to pick up a small gift for a gift exchange at Ginger's employee party tonight. No, I'm not an employee, but I guess they felt like they had to invite me since I'm always hanging around there! LOL. Anyway, I headed over to this cute little gift shop a couple of miles from my house, and there was a cuter shop next door to that one. So I bopped in there and found something. And a gift for another friend while I was in there.

Anyway, I got home and pulled out my wrapping paper. I'm good to go. Uh oh, do I have Scotch tape? I dug and dug and finally came up with some. Whew! So I get this thing wrapped on the kitchen counter because every other surface in the house has a project on it. I kind of bunched up the paper on the ends because I just can't seem to get those corners to miter like everyone else can. Okay, it's done.

Oh, no, I don't have any ribbon. No use looking because I know I don't have any.

But I've got a pinking rotary cutter. And I've got lots of red stash! Voila!!!

So now I've got something to report on Sunday's stashbusting report. Two inches of red fabric!!! :) :) :) And no fabric purchases -- well, none for me!

Jane will be here in a bit and we're off to see the Nutcracker ballet. It's over at Claremont Colleges. Since that's a block or two away from my hair salon (yes, Beth, I did get a dip and clip this morning!), I wandered around through the campus until I found the auditorium where it will be held. That campus is so beautiful.

Then from the ballet, we'll be going to Ginger's for the party. I swannee, I'm turning into a regular party animal! LOL

Gratitudes:

~ Easy shopping this morning

~ Putting tape on my shopping list

~ Putting Estroven on my shopping list! :)

~ Finally feeling almost normal, except for the hives that found me after Applique Club on Thursday night. I wonder what I nibbled on that did that to me. :(

~ Daisy discovering wrapping paper cut-aways. And making a mess!

10 comments:

Granny said...

When I woke up this morning, the first thing I thought about was that you're going to the Nutcracker ballet today. How fun! Your wrapping looks fantastic and I think you did great using that red fabric instead of ribbon!

Mar said...

your plans sound wonderful, wish I was with you! Have fun and give us a full report.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got your hair done, although I thought it looked just fine the other night, but that's just my opinion. LOL

I went to that presentation of the Nutcracker when I lived over there in Claremont right down the street from the colleges, gosh I miss living there. Anyhoo, I didn't like it as much as the few times I saw it down in Long Beach, it was spectactular, you ought to try to catch that one sometime. Now I want to go, I just googled it and they are putting on their 25th Anniversary presentation.

Sweet P said...

Your wrapping job looks great. No one will ever know what you went through to make it look so good.

Estroven is good stuff. I've been taking it for several months. It helps me with mood swings.

I've only seen the Nutcracker once as a young child. I got so afraid of the Mouse King I can't bring myself to see it again. I love the music though.

Unknown said...

I love it. I love "re-purposing" items like stash. Have you ever thought of wrapping your presents in fabric instead of paper?

Hugs,
Melinda

Randi said...

What a great idea! And it looks awesome!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Sounds like the perfect day to me. Glad your doing much better. I guess I've got to go see the Nutcracker ballet. Never seen it. Just hear that everyone loves it.

bingo~bonnie said...

what a pretty package! If I hadn't read it, I would have thought you had rubber stamped the paper and made it all from scratch! :) Very creative bow and stash reducing!

Merry Christmas from Texas! ~Bonnie

Marla said...

CREATIVITY! Stashbusting at it's best.

Terry said...

Love the idea of using fabric for ribbon. I never have much ribbon in the house but I always have fabric. Thanks for the idea and Merry Christmas. Terry