Thursday, April 20, 2006

Another Vets Home Quilt


This was another quick quilt for the veterans home project for my friend, Pat. I put this one together in an afternoon. It's real satisfying to get one of these quickies done after working for a long time on a big quilt. Daisy is peeking out from under it!

I had a class last night at The Fabric Patch, and it sure was good to sit and sew with a bunch of nice ladies. The project is "Around the Block," an older Rabbit Factory pattern. I couldn't find a picture online of the pattern. It's basically a simply pieced quilt with houses and buildings around the border. I really like the quilt. It's a two-part class. Last night was boring, a lot of strip piecing. Again, just an excuse to get out of the house!

Only one purple bag followed me home. I picked up a few cuts of some darker neutrals. And Jane saved me a copy of the new Judy Martin book, "Scraps." I haven't had a chance to look through it yet, but the cover quilts look interesting.

My gratitude for the day is the anticipation of enjoying that new book!

4 comments:

Passionate Quilter said...

What a nice quilt for a vet..makes you feel good to share your talents and abilities with others, doesn't it? And let us know how you like the new book--I haven't seen it yet but heard about it. I'm tired of buying books that I only like one thing in there.

Jeanne said...

Haha -- I do see Daisy!
How do you like the book?
Jeanne :)

Linda C said...

You can barely see Ms. Daisy peeking out. What a little ham always getting in the camera shot!
Gotta love those friendship stars.

Doodlebug Gail said...

I'll be very interested to hear your opinion of "Scraps" - don't forget to give us a full review.

Doodlebug
Gail L.