Thursday, April 06, 2006

Back Online


I've been offline since Monday night probably due to the storms we've had here. I sure did miss connecting with my frends when I get home from work!

This quilt was another first year quilt made for Joel, the little boy of my secretary from back home. Naturally I didn't take any pictures after it was quilted! LOL! I think the pattern was called something like Flannel Flinders or Flinder Flannels ... I don't remember now. Joel got this when he was about a year old and just loved it. He's now five and the quilt is about worn out. I'll just have to make him another one (and one for his new little sister, Olivia)!

Last night I loaded up a movie on my little DVD player sitting on my sewing table and sewed until bedtime! It felt good! I pulled out the Alex Anderson Retreat project from last November and made a few more blocks for it. I think I want to make the quilt bigger, but I'll decide that when I finish up these blocks. The quilt is from her book "Keep Quilting." I used a Wuthering Heights FQ tower that I threw in my suitcase in my frantic packing the night before flying up to retreat. One of these years I'll actually get my act together and do some fabric planning! Problem is I've got to usually work long hours the week leading up to taking those two days off, so I randomly grab fabric at the last minute and that's what I use when I get there. That's why my cherry quilt turned out to be very Christmas looking! :)

My gratitude today is a real peaceful feeling lately. It's been a long time coming.

9 comments:

Cher said...

Vicky, you could always find something you like now and put it away for the retreat...imagine a pattern and pull the fabric - kit it up and then you don't have to worry about it.

Cher said...

ps...I really, really like that quilt-it is just so bright and happy looking!

The Calico Cat said...

Nice quilt - It does not look like a "first year quilting" quilt.

Ditto what Cher said about pulling fabrics now for your retreat...

Jeanne said...

Hi Vicky -- that was some weather, huh? Glad you had a chance to enjoy your DVD player and have a peaceful pieceful evening!
Jeanne :)

Samantha said...

Flannell Flinders is the name- I made one as a baby gift, and forgot to take a photo at all! Yours is simply lovely. Welcome back online!

Anonymous said...

Good To see you back on. I was wondering what happened to you. ;)

Finn said...

Really, really like that quilt that you show. IT's so striking with the black lattice. I've liked the border ever since I saw the pattern, but your lattice really makes everything pop.

Pam said...

Love it! I love pieced borders. Seeing your early quilts has been a fun quilt show..thanks for sharing!

Granny said...

Vicky, today as I was sewing, I was thinking about the portable DVD. When you're sewing and there's a movie on, do you find yourself sitting and watching the movie instead of sewing? That's what I do . . but maybe I just have a one track mind.

Love the flannel quilt. I'm betting even if you make him a new quilt, he's still going to want to use his old one. They always seem to bond with their first quilts.

Judy L.