Friday, April 28, 2006

Hard Work is Over


I finished up the last big project at work. Hooray! Now I can relax until the end of this quarter!

This is another block swap quilt top from the old Alex Anderson message board, 2002. There were so many people in the swap that I sent out two different fabrics. I really liked this blue batik, and I think the quilt turned out nice. The other set of blocks is in that pile needing to be assembled! This was a good sized quilt. Judy beautifully quilted it, and it was donated to the Katrina quilt project at The Fabric Patch.

I've been having a heck of a time this week assembling the quilt center for the class quilt. It's simple squares and blocks but set on point, and I have managed to sew almost every setting triangle on backwards! Brain is not working very well lately! I've got to finish that thing tomorrow so I can get a set of borders on it. The second class is on Wed. night. That's the part I'm looking forward to!

My gratitude today is the the nursery nearby with their beautiful rows of roses all blooming.

12 comments:

Laurie said...

Another great quilt Vicky! You sure are cranking them out! This weekend it is supposed to be stormy here...QUILT ROOM...LOOK OUT...HERE I COME!!!! ;)

Have a great weekend!
Hugs
Laurie

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Wow, what a wonderful sampler. I am also amazed that a stack of odd blocks can make up so well. When I was into swapping we just swapped size blocks or themes, but never the same fabric - I wish we did the same fabric thing - then maybe mine would look as great as yours!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Patti said...

What a wonderful top from swap blocks, and how generous of you to donate it. Sometimes it is so much fun to get out a set of blocks and play with them until you have a wonderful plan for setting them together. Makes me want to start sewing a bunch of blocks just so I have some to play with . . . .

Linda C said...

Vicky, some sewing days are like that. I don't know that I would blame it all on your brain--you have been on high stress level because of the big work project. Maybe just not paying as much attention to what normally would be a piece of cake? Got that adrenalin still in revved up mode?

Pretty, pretty quilt!

Cher said...

great swap quilt-good of you to donate it too...good luck with getting those setting triangles on right...those can throw me too.

Finn said...

Both of the swap/internet quilts you are showing us are great..! Turned out very nicely, and I think it's wonderful that you could let the big one go as a donation quilt. Hope the Universe will ease up on your car and you soon! Enough already!

Mary Johnson said...

Very pretty, I like the bit of red with the blue. Good for you for donating such a lovely quilt. I'm sure it brought someone a lot of comfort at such a difficult time.

Hanne said...

A very good looking quilt indeed :-)

Granny said...

The quilt looks great! We're a good team! :)

How's the class tonight?

Judy L.

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog, love your quilts! I live right next door to you in Glendora. We have probably crossed paths at the Fabric Patch, I spend way too much time there. What is the stash group you mention in your last entry?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Vicky's Computer is down, she should be up again soon.