Friday, April 21, 2006

I Did a Scrappy


I totally forgot about this one. Another second year quilt. The fabric was from a 2002 Christmas charm swap on the Alex Anderson message board. The pattern, if I remember correctly, is from one of the Possiblities books. I think Laurie might have quilted this one.

I was so excited to get it done. Then my ex said he thought his sister would like it. So I sent it to her for Christmas. I never received any acknowledgement that she had received it. I asked his mother about it months later, and she replied, "Yes, Sherry got the quilt." Period. Harrumph! :(

I'm so excited because I am free, free, free this weekend. Just The Daisy and I! We're going to relax and sew and relax some more! Guess the first thing I need to do is get out my sewing machine and supplies that are still packed up from my class on Wed. night. And finish cleaning up the sewing space.... yeah, it's a good time to do that!

My gratitude today: The spring flowers that are bursting out all over!

3 comments:

Silverthimble said...

I hope your sister-in-law has moved to the bottom of your "people to receive quilts in the future" list. I think some people don't appreciate what goes into the making of a quilt when they receive it. Too bad!

Hanne said...

Lovely cheerful quilt! To bad you did not even get a thank you..... I guess you will give her something from the shop another time.

Jeanne said...

Oh, I like this one! Never mind about her, anyway :)
Have a nice weekend!
Jeanne