Sunday, April 09, 2006

UFO - Check!!


This is the project from Alex Anderson's retreat in Nov. 2005. This box of stuff has been sitting by my sewing table, so I figured it was time to get it out of here. I lost a few points because of using two different machines. I also figured out that I won't ever use the Moda silky plaids again for piecing. I was having a real problem with those being way too stretchy. I tried heavily spray starching one piece and it really didn't help very much. So since I love using those in applique, I'll just put them all aside for that.

Today was so quiet. Daisy slept most of the day in her little bed by the sewing table. I need to clean up this horrible mess I made in there. But I'm real pleased to finally get something off the UFO list!

My gratitude today is having leftovers in the fridge!

7 comments:

tami said...

Very nice star quilt. I like your colors.

Hanne said...

Lovely quilt. I like stars very much.

Granny said...

I can never get points to match when they all meet up like that. I would have added sashing and called it perfect! :)

Looks great to me.

Judy L.

Linda C said...

Looking good, Vicky! Not too much time elapsed since you got back to it either.

I am about the point where I almost need to put a note in the project bag as to which sewing machine I started sewing my UFO with--my Jem or the computerized Viking that allows for adjusting the center needle position. There is a difference in those seam allowances. I had to "fudge" that little Jewel Box I made recetnly like crazy!

Cher said...

came out great!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I learned the 2 sewing machine lesson on a huge log cabin! This quilt looks darling in those nice soft colors.

Cheers!

Evelyn

Doodlebug Gail said...

Vicky, I love the look of this quilt. It's sort of a mix of Alex Anderson and Judy Martin - just gorgeous.

Doodlebug