Monday, April 03, 2006

Sad Day

This is such a sad time for a friend from my online quilt group. She lost a grandson today, just a few weeks old and so unexpectedly. My heart is just aching for Lori and her son and daughter-in-law. There are quilts being made for the family - the only thing we know how to do at a time like this.

On a happier note, I finally decided this weekend what I wanted to buy myself for Christmas. I know, I know, I'm a couple of months late! Every year I treat myself to one special thing, and today I picked up a nice little portable DVD player to sit on my sewing table. In my old sewing room I had a TV and I would load up movies and sew for hours on end. In the new sewing room, I didn't have a cable connection and it was way too complicated to get one in there. So this solved the problem. I will spend more time now sewing if there's something to watch/listen to in there.

My body's too old to handle this time change thing. I take weeks to adjust, so I'm dragging tail tonight. I'm about to head upstairs and call it a day! But I did finish that quilt this weekend and will piece the backing tomorrow night. Check!!

8 comments:

Cher said...

ok, I will check back tomorrow in the hopes of seeing your new top!

Vicky said...

Oh, gosh, it's one of the secret ones! Sorry! Hopefully I'll have something "new" to post soon!

Linda C said...

Vicky, you are not late for Christmas--just a few months early!

Laurie said...

Vicky,
Prayers being said for Lori and her family. Such a sad thing to lose a child of any age.

Congrats on your new Christmas gift...enjoy it!
Hugs
Laurie

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your friend's loss.

On a happier note, what a great gift to yourself! I miss having a tV inmy sewing room, but I have started listening to podcasts while I work, and that has made me much more chipper!

and, I echo Linda J- you're EARLY not late! LOL!

Jeanne said...

Sorry about your friend's loss.

Are you keeping dry in this weird weather?
Jeanne :)

Vicky said...

Jeanne, this weird weather has my computer all discombobulated. I've been offline at home since Monday night. Very frustrating. Good thing I can hop on a few times during the day at work or I'd really be going bonkers now! LOL But there's snow in them-thar hills again! Amazing weather!

Hopefully I'll get to catch up on everyone's blogs tonight before I go home! ((HUGS))

Laurie Ann said...

I'll say a prayer for your friend and her lost grandson. How sad.

The DVD players sounds like a good purchase. I don't have a TV in my sewing room and I would like a DVD player for something to watch. Especially when I am cutting and ironing!