Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter


Well, yesterday was a first. I baked a cake! Honestly! My prior cakes, the few that there were, had been out of a box. This one is from scratch. A carrot cake. I didn't do too well putting the frosting on, but, hey, it's done!

I had a lot of fun yesterday. It was Easter Egg Hunt day at The Fabric Patch. My Easter egg had a 30% off coupon in it, so had to get in a wee bit of shopping! The dots on black will be the backing on the polka dot circles quilt. I also picked up some black, white and tan yardage of Dimples fabric. I love that line.

I had a list of things I needed to buy to make this cake ... you know, besides the ingredients, the other things like cake pans, a cooling rack, a mixer! Well, I was telling Jane about needing to buy a mixer, when a lady who works there overheard and offered to give me a KitchenAid. I was floored. She had two of them and wouldn't take no for an answer. In fact, went home and got it right then and there. It's an older model, heavy and study, and works perfectly. I was so excited. What a sweetie! I'm going to repay her somehow for her generosity - a cake maybe? LOL Anyway, with the help of my online friends (patient answers to very stupid questions) I think the cake is a success. It will be cut after dinner tonight. I'm going to cross my fingers that it tastes as good as it looks!

Happy Easter to all of my cyber friends and neighbors!

8 comments:

ForestJane said...

Mmmm, mail me a slice of that carrot cake. And how wonderful to get the mixer, just when you needed one!

Laurie said...

Happy Easter Vicky!!! Sounds like a great shopping experience as well! 30% off is a great deal!
Hug
Laurie

Cher said...

good shopping and a good looking cake...a perfect day Vicky!

Jeanne said...

How was your cake???
Jeanne :)

Linda C said...

looks good to me--I haven't made a carrot cake in who knows when! HMMM

I could take cake frosting lessons myself.

Granny said...

I love carrot cake. Was it yummy?

When we first bought the house in town, I was using a little hand mixer and was tired of it. The neighbor had a garage sale and had an older model Kitchen Aid and I bought it. Those things are so hard to beat!

Good job with your fabric purchases.

Judy L.

Hanne said...

Carrot cake is one of my favourites - it is always good :-) I wish I could come and have a slice of yours.

The Calico Cat said...

So how did it turn out? I think that is a particularly hard cake to make - so many recipes - they can easily turn out oily or like a health food brick.... I hope yours tuned out great!